5 Reasons You Should Consider Waterproofing Your Basement
There are lots of home improvement options that increase the worth of your building: integrating a room, remodeling your kitchen, and constructing an outdoor patio are among them.
An important area of the home that requires renovation is the basement. But many people do not consider waterproofing their basement as something of great significance. And not doing so can result in destructive consequences later on that can cost in several ways. In the United States alone, water damages make up about a quarter (23 percent) of house property damages. Most of such cases often begin in the basement.
Here are five reasons you should consider waterproofing your basement:
- Increase Property Value: If you only utilize your basement for storing items you don’t often use, waterproofing it provides an opportunity to transform a full floor into a living area, thus increasing the value of your property.
- Protect Stored Items: Basements are often used as storage space, wherein you keep family antiques, seasonal items, electronics, old picture albums, and clothing. By waterproofing your basement, you are preventing water from seeping through cracks and damaging your stuff.
- Health and Safety Issues: When moisture leaks into a wet basement, it will soon get damp and moldy. This creates a perfect condition for bacteria, mold spores, and mildew to thrive. This is not just sickening to breathe in and control, but it can also present major health risks for people who have respiratory illnesses like asthma or allergic reactions. Basement waterproofing seals out moisture and significantly minimizes your basement’s likelihood of ever developing mold.
- Reinforce Your Foundation: Water seepage through cracks likewise causes the potential problem of weakening your home’s foundation as time goes by. This can give rise to costly home repairs which could be averted through basement waterproofing.
- Prevent Flooding: New Jersey is a state at the mercy of the snowy weather, which increases the possibilities of flooding when it melts. Waterproofing the lower level of your home will prevent it from unwanted expenses, hazards, and complications of flooding.
Almand Brothers Waterproofing in South Jersey specializes in basement waterproofing and home foundation repair. The waterproofing contractors at Almand Bros has vast experience, industry expertise, and pays attention to detail to complete tasks efficiently and swiftly.
Are you interested in waterproofing your basement? Almand Brothers can fix a leaky basement or prevent one from occurring. Invest with a leading waterproofing company today. Call (856) 310-1390 to arrange a scheduled appointment.